For Primary and Secondary teachers at all stages of their careers, including those currently undertaking teacher training programmes, this course is free of charge – participants only need to cover the cost of travel to the venue in Leicester. The course will start at 7pm on Friday 15 February and will conclude at 5pm on Tuesday 19 February 2019 in Half Term.
Alongside educational sessions which will be delivered by experts from the Holocaust Education Trust, we will be joined by prominent academics engaging with the latest scholarship on the Holocaust, including specialists who lead courses for RE teachers. Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Nik Wachsmann – Teaching the Nazi Concentration Camps
- Dr Jennifer Craig-Norton – Britain and the Kindertransport
- Dr Michael Gray – The Holocaust and Other Genocides
- Dr Sarah Hall – Religious responses to the Holocaust
- Dr Lisa Peschel – Cabarets and plays from the Terezín Ghetto
- Dr Alasdair Richardson – Emotional learning in the classroom
Applications are welcome from more than one teacher per school and are requested by 18 December.
For further information about the course please see the Holocaust Education Trust website:
or contact 020 7222 6822